People use coaches to motivate them, keep them on track with their goals, keep them focused, inspire them to excel, enhance their personal or professional growth and development, and provide partnership for their ultimate success. A coach is a visionary, a change agent, a person who enables others to exceed past performances.
In business, coaches empower people to transform who they are. They do this by helping people identify how past behaviors, thought systems, and ways of relating produce unintended results and consequences.
You will use the coaching relationship to fundamentally shift your frames of reference, thereby producing winning results in all areas of your life including:
- Living as our word
- Managing conversations
- Speaking and listening for commitment
- Making assessments of value
- Building relationships intentionally
- Acknowledging and appreciating
- Declaring and resolving breakdowns
- Enrolling others in greater responsibility and possibility
- Intentional coordination of action
“Coaching is unlocking a person’s potential to maximise their own performance. It is helping them to learn rather than teaching them.”
Timothy Gallwey, Author of The Inner Game series of books